dairy-free, vegan, vegetarian
for the crumble:
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
for the batter:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon (use 3/4 teaspoon if pre-ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon tahini or natural nut butter
- 3 large bananas, 1 1/2 cups mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tray with parchment or cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Mix the crumble ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prep the dry ingredients. Whisk together the flour, almond flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and tahini. Whisk together until smooth.
- Using the paddle attachment, incorporate bananas into the tahini mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together just until combined.
- With a spatula, scrape the bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- Scoop the batter evenly between the muffin liners. Evenly divide the crumble over the top of the batter in each liner.
- Place filled muffin tray on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool in the tray for five minutes on a cooling rack. Remove muffins from tray and let finish cooling on the rack. Enjoy!