Over the years, I’ve come to prefer (and have worked tirelessly to perfect), a laid-back but romantic dinner at home as opposed to a night out. The process is simple, and it starts by setting the mood. You know the drill: dim the lights, put a favorite record on, and prep a mouthwatering meal to roast in the oven. After that? Prepare for presence. To make any night with your partner more meaningful, I’ve curated a list of 32 questions for intimacy that will help guide your conversation and help you both get deep.
While ambiance is key to an intimate evening at home, without enticing conversation, even the most beautiful setting can fall flat. So let go of the stress of the day or the week, and come to the table with intentional questions that’ll help you grow deeper in your relationship.
Because here’s an important PSA to keep in mind: dating your partner can be more than an overpriced dinner or bouquet of flowers. With the right mindset, intention, and questions, setting aside these special moments can deepen your love and bring a fresh and renewed perspective to your relationship.
Feature image by Michelle Nash.
Take a look at these questions and jot down your faves. May the conversations they inspire bring you to exciting places with your loved one. Because however you decide to spend your Friday evening, that’s really the goal, isn’t it?
The Best Questions for Intimacy and Connection With Your Partner
- What are three qualities about me that you were first attracted to?
- What’s a question you’ve always wanted to ask me but never have?
- What do you remember from when we were falling in love?
- How do you like to be shown love?
- How do you like to show love?
- What makes you feel the most loved?
- Would you like to be famous?
- If you could, what would you have changed about your childhood?
- What is one thing that you’re afraid to tell anyone else?
- What would the perfect day look like to you? How would you spend it?
- If we met again for the first time, but with all the knowledge of our relationship up to now, what would you want to say to me?
- Share a time you felt embarrassed.
- When have you felt the most proud of me?
- Who was the last person you cried in front of? Why?
- What is your biggest regret?
- Out of the five senses, which is the most sensual to you?
- What do you think your younger self would think of our relationship?
- If you could relive one day together, which would it be?
- Is there anything you’re afraid to accomplish that I can help you with?
- Is our relationship physical enough for you? What would make it better in your eyes?
- How and where do you like to be touched?
- Do you have any fantasies you would like fulfilled?
- What is the closest you’ve ever felt to me?
- What is the best part of our relationship?
- My sexiest feature is… ?
- What song always makes you think of me?
- Is there anything we haven’t tried that you’d like to?
- What movie do you think would reflect our relationship?
- How and when did you know we’d make it as a couple?
- If you didn’t have to work, what would you do with your life?
- What is the best way I can make you feel loved?
- What’s your favorite memory of us?
Have you and your partner tried asking intentional questions for intimacy and connection? We’d love to hear how it influenced your relationship in the comments.
This post was originally published on February 14, 2022, and has since been updated.
Share this Post