We’ve mastered the art of keeping your potatoes full of flavor AND texture with these crispy salt and vinegar spuds.
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, plus more for drizzling
- 1-2 pounds baby potatoes, halved
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped chives for garnish
- In a large cast iron skillet, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom by about 1/4 inch. Heat on medium until it comes to a shimmer, then sprinkle an even layer of salt across the bottom of the pan and a few grinds of black pepper. Lay the potatoes cut side down in the pan and leave them, undisturbed, for 10 minutes.
- When the cut side of the potatoes has browned, turn heat to low, add 1/4 cup vinegar to the pan, and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes, covered. You’ll know they’re done when they’re tender inside. Transfer to serving dish. If desired, drizzle with another couple of tablespoons of vinegar, a pinch of flaky salt, and chives. Enjoy!